How to Install the Alluc Addon on Kodi - 2018 - the Simplest Way
So you want to install the Alluc addon on Kodi? Great. It’s a link-sharing-website that provides links to almost every type of video available on the internet. We are talking 80-million videos. It’s like a search engine but for videos.
Kodi, on the other hand, is one of the most popular open-source media players. It’s also nearly impossible to install the Alluc addon on Kodi if you try to search for how to do it on Google. You get a big blog post. It looks helpful. But it doesn’t work.
That’s why we decided to create our own version of this blog post that will help you install the Alluc addon on Kodi that actually works.
But before we get into how to install it, you need to know a few things.
Is Alluc Legal? Is It Legal to Install the Alluc Addon on Kodi?
Most countries agree that downloading and hosting something is illegal. Alluc doesn’t host anything. It is merely a directory of links to sites that host content. That means that it’s entirely legal to use it.
It’s the content that you find that matters. If you want to install Alluc on Kodi to use illegal content, that might be illegal, “might” because it solely depends on where you live.
Alluc provides links to content that you can then stream. Some of it is legal. Some not.
In most countries, it’s still legal to watch illegal content, as in, content that the uploader does not have rights to, but that you aren’t downloading or hosting but simply temporarily storing.
However, streaming and law are slowly changing throughout the globe, and depending on where you are, rules will differ. Streaming and legality is a complex subject. In the EU, since 2017, it’s illegal to stream content that isn’t legally on a website you are watching it from if you know it isn’t there legally. You won’t get punished as if you committed a crime but there is a possibility that the owner of the rights will sue you.
It would be similar to when you got music from your friends via Bluetooth when you were younger. It wasn’t legal, but you weren’t going to deal with any serious consequences.
does not endorse the use of illegal content but merely is educating on what is legal and not legal, and what the consequences might be.
Depending on where you are and what you want to do, it might not be wise to install Alluc on Kodi.
What If You Don’t Know About Whether It’s Legal
The EU law states that if you are aware of the fact that you are streaming something illegal, that then you are breaking the law. What if you don’t know if something is legal or not?
If you choose to take your chances, you should stay encrypted. Internet providers monitor your activity online. Government does sometimes too. Oh, and if you are in a hotel or in an apartment, the do it too. Well, unless you are encrypted.
And how do you stay encrypted? You use a virtual private network which is also called a VPN. It’s private. It’s virtual. Once you connect to it your IP is changed. But everything you do and access is also encrypted and can’t be seen by the government, internet provider, or whoever is in charge of the internet connection you are connected to. And you can even change your location without moving when connected to a VPN.
comes with military grade AES 256-bit encryption code with 2048-bit DH key
. You most likely don’t know what that means but the U.S. government uses the same kind of level of security.
And they need to stay a lot more secure than you. Well, we hope they do.
More on how to install a VPN after you learn how to install the Alluc addon on Kodi.
The Easiest Way to Install the Alluc Addon on Kodi
Most blog posts on this topic will tell you that if you want to install the Alluc addon on Kodi, that you will have to download a certain repository. You might do that. We sure tried several repositories that claimed to offer it to see which one is the best to use but it seems like just about none even work.
They either do not work, or they do work once you download them, but they have no signs of Alluc at all. We tried 5 different repositories. 3 of them didn’t work. 2 didn’t have the Alluc addon.
One of them that worked required a downloading of another repository after you download one respiratory. It seemed promising. Until, nope. Alluc was there.
But then a spark came. A thought. “Why do you have to install all these repositories anyway?
” Maybe these are just sponsored posts used to make people download a repository. And then it just came.
Why would I use a repository if you can install zip files directly from Kodi without any problems?
Everybody tried to over-complicate the easy.
Here’s how you do it:
- Open up Kodi. Well, yeah, of course ,you need to do that if you want to install the Alluc addon on Kodi.
- Go into System. It’s a gear icon on top of the screen. It kind of looks more like a Settings button than a System button, but we’ll stick to System.
- At the bottom of the screen, there will also be a System button. Press on it. Go to Add-ons. Press Unknown Sources.
- Then you need to leave Kodi and go into a web browser, ideally on your computer and go to this link: https://kodi-addons.club/addon/plugin.video.alluc.api/1.2.10
- Download Alluc from there.
Alternatively, you can search for Alluc Kodi.zip
on the internet if that link stops working or such.
This method will save you a lot of trouble of going through different repositories that don’t have what you want which is Alluc in this case.
How to Install the Alluc Addon on Kodi on a Computer
- After you download Alluc.zip, check where it’s located.
- Then, go back into Kodi, and press Add-ons followed by Install from Zip File.
- There you need to locate the location of Alluc.zip.
- Once you locate it, press on it, and that’s it.
If you want to install the Alluc
addon on Kodi, it’s actually that simple.
How to Install the Alluc Addon on All Other Devices
- If you are on your phone, you can also install it like on a computer. Actually on any device that you can easily download things from.
- But on other devices, you might have to connect a USB drive to your computer and transfer Alluc.zip directly into it.
- To do that, you need to connect the USB drive to your Kodi device. And then go to Add-ons followed by Install from Zip File, and locating that USB drive and Alluc.zip. Lastly, you will need to press on it, and that’s it.
How to Install a VPN
If you use an Amazon Fire Stick
, there’s an explanation on how to do it on our recent post. If you have something different than the Fire Stick, mobile device or a computer, then there’s a guide about that
too, check it out.
But if you have a mobile device or a computer, it’s extremely simple.
- Firstly you need to go the PrivateVPN website and press the Buy button at the top-right of the screen.
- You then need to fill in a few details.
- Lastly, you need to go to the Download section at the bottom of the page, or instead, simply go to your app store and search for PrivateVPN.
- Install it.
- Connect to it.
And that’s it.
Conclusion - It’s Easy to Install the Alluc Addon on Kodi
It’s very easy, once you do not use repositories that do not have Alluc. Download it directly, and you will save a lot of time.
Written by Michael Smolski.